Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. De Mille...

I was approached by a photographer at my church who wanted to recreate a tableau he had seen a few weeks earlier when I had draped my scarf over my head because I was cold and had turned around to look at who was sitting behind me. (The real story is that someone was kicking my seat and I'd had it UP TO HERE!) (not true...it's all a lie to get laughs...)

This is the recreation at his studio in Hamilton. I've attached the link to his site: a photography project where he takes a photo everyday of the year, starting Jan 1 2008, of people from Hamilton doing Hamilton things. I don't know if I fit into that category, per se, but I was flattered and willing nonetheless.

I had just had my hair cut while channelling Clara Bow the day before, so the hair cut inspired an impromptu Art Deco photo shoot.
And this was the outcome: I'm not as skinny or Art Deco as I had created myself to be in my head. But hey, one day, in 30 years I'll look back and be glad I have this crazy picture.
There's a slight resemblance--minus the cocaine eyes and kewpie/cupi/QP doll lips.

Anywho--this has been my brush with fame. I was fortunate enough to have 24 hours of it.
www.hamilton365.com

2 comments:

Beth B said...

Claire you are BEAUTIFUL!! I really mean it. You look like a movie star in those pics.=)

Annie said...

hot shtuff!