Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wedding drama...but no crying lately

Yesterday consisted of mailing invitations, picking up my dress, doing some alterations on it, forgetting (temporarily!) my mother's birthday, working on my resume, my book, doing research for my book, doing research about wedding favours, updating my to-do lists and exercising because I can't fit into my dress.

Today consists of tracking down gifts for my bridesmaids, redoing the budget, mailing more invites, getting my sewing machine fixed, preparing for Ken moving in, getting quotes for cakes, looking into furniture for Ken and I and exercising again, because chances are good I won't fit into my dress again today and for many days.

Ah. This is the life.

But with so much out of the way, like choosing a photographer, videographer, the church, the reception, the pastor, the dress and al the bridesmaid's stuff and sending out invitiations I feel much more relaxed and prepared. For now.

Consequently I'm looking for a job. Part-time mind you, but I have lots of time these days and I suddenly feel the domestic responsibility to help win bread, especially for things like down-payments on houses and just surviving the economy these days.

Anyone got any leads?

Fortunately I haven't had my Monday break-down for a few weeks! This is great news for Ken. However, I'm sure there are more of those to come.

Hm, Ellius wants me to post more things about wedding plans...but it's not very interesting apparently.

Oh--Ken's parents met mine on Sunday. We had them over for lunch--it went well. There was some good laughter, good food, and intimate conversations. Overall a good experience. AND as a bonus my apartment is pretty much as good as it's going to get for a while! So--all of you out there you're welcome to drop by sometime!

We had a little photo shoot on the fire escape after lunch.




On and annoying note--as I was preparing for Sunday by hanging pictures on the walls my neighbour upstairs--the very neighbour taken to hospital by EMS workers about a month ago because of drug use--pounded his fists on my ceiling after about the 6th nail. He proceeded to sing in a foreign language and play his foreign sounding guitar. This lasted until about 1am when he literally fled from the building.
Ah...how comforting.
I think I'd rather live below an angry man then a drug-man.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last photo of Ken-solo is the spitting image of Jake Gyllenhal.
Which is a huge compliment as far as I'm concerned.....
Yous guys are LOOKERS!

Unknown said...

yeahhhhhh...no crying she makes.

Jakey G-hall...eh, he was really good in that mountain movie.

Beth B said...

I am so excited for you!!=) I hope that I can make it to the wedding!

Anonymous said...

My mom's birthday was also on Monday, but unlike you I completely forgot about it. Thankfully Dad called to drop a hint at about 5:30. I even talked to her on the phone earlier in the day! Darn pregnancy brain.

You sound like a multi-tasker extraordinaire! (extraordiclaire?) What's this about a book? Are you going to be an author AND a midwife?! You are far too cool.

Rebekah said...

there's someone else who's famous that k-dogger looks like, but i can NEVER think of who it is! i remember last year seeing the guy in a movie or on TV and exclaiming, "THAT'S who ken looks exactly like!" but now i have no recollection of who the guy WAS. but yes, i do see the "jakey g-hall".

so claire, you have monday breakdowns, eh? mine are sunday evening breakdowns. allllways the sunday evenings. life is falling apart, and i can't go on. it's getting better now, though.

you are a MACHINE! sounds like things are allll under control. this is the wedding i've been looking forward to for most of my life... it's going to be awesome.

Claire said...

holy crap--'this is the wedding I've been looking forward to most of my life'
That's TERRIFYING! What if it SUCKS!??!?!

Don't tell Ken he looks like the fat balding guy on that murder show--he's got a complex about it. Jake is a good comparison. We'll stick with that.

Yeah--multitasking is my middle name. So is Jack of all Trades. My parents werre cruel, cruel people.

And sadly, I have no pregnancy to blame my brain on...this is pretty normal. I can't WAIT for pregnancy brain---I'm hoping things will actually get better.

And the book is a book about crohn's disease--there are lots out there but nothing really like what I've experienced or learned. So....we'll see.