Thursday, March 05, 2009

You can't always get what you want...

I need a job.
I need A job.
I NEED A JOB. A JORB. I need one. I NEED one. I need ONE.

I feel so utterly incompetent at anything available out there--either because I'm not qualified enough or because I'd be ashamed to work there. But perhaps that's what I need. Please God, don't let that be what I need.

I feel like a failure before I even get a chance to start the day. I don't know how people do this for months on end. It's hard 'work'.

Sigh.

And everywhere I go I'm blabbing about needing a job. I figured by now someone would have suggested something that would have worked out.

And the places I have sent my resume to for positions that I could easily fit into I haven't heard back from. It's like an audition all the time. Only I'm not playing a character as I try to sell my skills, I'm playing myself and it's a lot harder to be rejected for yourself then for a character you play.

I feel a little like Joey Tribiani. Yeah, that's right.

You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might just get what you need.
Well, I need a damn jorb.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear yah sister, I've been out of work since December and as I search the job listings I'm apparently qualified to do absolutely nothing and the jobs my pride tells me I don't want to do, I applied for those as well and didn't get them. Where do you go from there? I keep waiting for a complete economic collapse where everyone will be forced to forage for themselves and guys like me who know how to trap squirrels and aren't afraid to eat them (that's right rodents you heard me) will reign supreme, until then its soul sucking rejection and hope all to quickly dashed by that dreaded word "qualifications".

Anonymous said...

Hey Claire! First of all, let me offer you a tardy "congratulations!" on your wedding. I've hijacked Jude's facebook a couple of times to look at your pictures. You were a beautiful bride and it looks like the whole day was amazing!

As for the job situation, I'm sure that just the right one will open up for you. If all else fails though...there is always Saskatchewan! http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/03/04/saskatchewan.economy/index.html?iref=newssearch

KenAndClaire said...

Well, those are two very different responses--wait for economic collapse so we can FINALLY trap squirrels (what's so wrong with that, eh?) or move to Saskatchewan. Oh...the possibilities are endless.

And thanks Laura! Yes--it was an amazing day! We loved every moment. Congratulations to you too!!! How are you all doing now? Settled for the most part?

Anonymous said...

We're all doing well and are adjusting to our new "normal". Liam is an easy going little guy and is growing like a weed. It's hard to believe that two months have gone by already!

Beth B said...

I will be praying that you will get an amazing job!=)

Rebekah said...

hi claire! miss you!