Wednesday, June 11, 2008

If I were a real writer...

I'd write many many books. I mean, actually finishing writing many many books. And a few would be fiction, a couple would be anecdotal for people with Crohns and one would be spiritual. It would go like this:

The Rebirth of Death
By Claire De Ath (hopefully my name would be changed by then....fingers crossed!)

Perface:
Are you hungry for more of the Lord? Are you unsatisfied and desiring more in your walk with Jesus? Are you desperate for more revelation of his Love for you and of your love for Him? Have you read countless books that leave you overwhelmed and striving with techniques, prayers and missional living? Then go to chapter one.

Chapter 1:
Fast. Pray. Read. Go do it. No, right now.

Put down this book--just another book in the long line of books you've half read in hopes of finding that secret formula, certain prayer, the magic words that would give you the Kingdom--and go fast. And while you fast, pray. And when you pray give the Lord time to respond. And the rest of the time read the Bible.

I'm not kidding. Do it now. You know it's the answer.

The End.


That's my first book. I mean, it's only the 1st draft. But I feel pretty good about it. I think I'm sending it into a publisher next week. Just need to tweak some of the punctuation.

5 comments:

Annie said...

heh heh heh
I, for one, am a fan...

Claire said...

you're the only one. apparently. my writing career doesn't seem to promising.

Anonymous said...

oooo, i, for two, am a big fan!

yes, i for two.

i completely agree with it all. we can't search for some kind of "formula" through other people - their opinions and experiences. sometimes that can be of great help, but MOSTLY for those who are already firmly grounded in hearing God's voice for themselves, both through the bible and through day to day communication with him! how can we have any discernment, otherwise? we have to go to him ourselves, have our OWN relationship with him, hear his voice for ourselves. step ONE. and so many of us have missed it and wonder why our christianity is so numb and dull and lukewarm. i'm really sensing it's time to get back to the foundations of our faith! it's humbling to admit that we need to, but... i, for one (for two?), need to.

love it, clairice.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I wanted to respond immediately but didn't want to be viewed as one of THOSE people. I loved it. So well put, so true.....and it really is that simple. Which is very HARD. Which is very attainable. Which goes against everything we are taught to believe these days.
I'd love that book, but I see you more travelling around and TELLING people this stuff and I also see a lot of cool stuff happening when you do....out of the shadows, finding your voice etc. etc. Oh yeah, your life's gonna be GOOD.

ruthi said...

ha.... i forgot how much i love reading your stuff......

and just checked in... altho i see you havent been here in a while....

but.... i love the book. LOVE IT!

and quite love you.... so perhaps one day we need to have another date!