Monday, June 02, 2008

Of new days and old ways.

A few things to update you all on.

1) On Friday Ken and I celebrated the 6th month mark of our dating relationship. This is quite exciting for both of us--both having been essentially single for about 2 years before last November (don't ask about the 'essentially single' remark) and with an exciting future looming in the distance (and don't tell Ken I said that).

We celebrated the event with a lobster dinner we cooked ourselves followed by a late-show movie. Here are a couple shots from that night:




It wasn't fun boiling them alive. It's definitely not our new tradition.

2) I officially shot my last wedding on Saturday! It went well, photographically speaking, but nerves speaking I was...a mess. Thank God, no...really, that a close friend of the bride's was there to take pictures with me. Turns out he's in school for photography, if you can believe it, and let's just say I was exposed for the fraudulent photographer that I am. But his presence was honestly a God-send. I wouldn't have survived without him. So, this post is dedicated to Darin Rigo. (Darren?)

And as I casually mentioned above, this will be my last wedding*. It was fun while it lasted. Psh. Hardly. It was excruciating and almost always had an element of humiliation. But it's another trophy job I can add to my ever-growing list of oddity jobs. It will be right up there with goose wrangler, pneumonia patient and nude model.

Here are some shots from the last two weddings.




And a sneak peak at Jessica Culver's wedding from Saturday:



3) Lastly...well, truthfully I hadn't thought of a 3rd point when I started this post. Perhaps as the photos load, it will come to me.
Oh, well the study for my NARM exam in Aug continues on. It's been a good solid couple months that I've been studying full time and it's getting easier as I cover and recover topics.
I'm going away to study for quite a bit this summer. First Amy has invited me to study with her in New Mexico in July, and closer to the exam I've been invited to study with the most recent group of MIA girls in a lake-side mansion in Florida. Ouch. That's going to suck.
No, it will suck quite a bit since Ken won't be able to be with me at all over the collective 4ish weeks I'll be away. (And he won't come visit. Shame shame.)

Anyway. That's it! I have too much work to do today!

*Excluding being asked to do a small wedding, medium wedding or even big wedding for a friend, or for someone in a pinch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beauty pics of jess and sarah! I especially love the one of jess with the horse!
cate