Thursday, August 31, 2006

Pot or fish n chips. I don't know yet.


Hello, my faithful little minions.
Just a quick update:
Kenya Sept 18-25
Amsterdam Sept 25-Oct.10..ish......Germany? France....Luxemburg?
OR
London Sept 25-Oct 10ish...Ireland?....France?.....Italy?
So, I suppose this isn't so much of an update, as a lot of questions and dot dot dot, as per usual.

The Somalia idea was scraped after I learned there was a good chance I'd die there. Now, dying isn't so bad, it's HOW I might die that's the concern. Ranging from rape, bombs, mutilations, dragged through the streets, burned or eaten by a shark.
I just wasn't up for that right now.
And Liberia...well...I don't really feel like babysitting. I can and will do that here.
So, this, in the end, is just an introduction into Africa. Ames and I will go to Somalia TOGETHER another time.
And by the way, this was a huge answer to prayer that the Lord totally confirmed through Ames hours after I had decided what to do. He's cool like that.
Have a good long weekend everyone.
AND IF YOU'RE READING THIS I INSIST YOU WRITE OUT YOUR DREAM MAN QUALITIES. I PROMISE YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID!...Annie, Patricia...Catherine...I'm talking to YOU!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Somalia is out, Claire....it seemed a titch too risky and I'd really like to have you around for a little longer esp. with what's happening with arts in the Hammer.
Love the blog, you're hilarious!
What are the qualities of my dream man? Well, have you met Ryan? Ha, ha! But seriously one of the most important things I've found is the willingness to change....not very romantic, but VERY handy seeing as no one is completely perfect TODAY.

Anonymous said...

(Hi Gill!!)
Claire, you want to know my dream man qualities??!! I'm married! My dream man is Chris - really! I love how affectionate he is with me (I try not to take it for granted or ever get annoyed by it!) and the kids. I love how easily he can communicate ( even when I don't want to!!) I love that he has completely let me into his life and heart. aaawwww.
how's that?
And wow! those are quite the plans you have for traveling!! I'm so not in the loop! You have to come over soon!

Beth B said...

I love you and keep us up to date about about your adventures in Africa. I wish I could come.. =)

Annie said...

bahhh! who needs guys? i do have a list but at this point i don't think i've even thought about it... for.... maybe 5 months? i don't know. that's maybe a bit of an exaggeration. crap, i don't know how to spell exaggeration right now. it looks wrong. anyway, i don't even know what i want in a guy right now. i just don't care. guys are stupid!
just kidding. i might be bitter. maybe that's why i'm still single.

Claire said...

Hahah...I know Cate. The dream man comment was a joke. I'm so full of jokes.
Now I was thinking about it the other day...we're related aren't we? I just have the vague feeling I've met you before and even spent a lot of time at your house...in Hamilton? I think. The details are hazy.

Anonymous said...

hey Claire! I know!!! where the heck have you been??!! I miss you!!! I'm starting to take it personally but I 'll try not for a few more days....