Monday, February 12, 2007

A hard day's night.

*******Disclaimer----I WILL be retouching the blurry spots in this photo---don't you worry. I just don't have the programs to do that myself.*********

Last night I had the pleasure of welding until the wee hours--I think we stopped around 3am. It was glorious. I'm not kidding. I think once I've established myself as a photographer, seamstress, chef, and general domestic goddess I'll take a welding apprenticeship.
Anywho--this is all for the True City conference at the end of the month. I'm the artistic administrator and we were welding industrial fence-like panels to hang art on for the exhibit. It was pretty cool seeing an idea I had become tangible...and by my own hands. And apparently I'm very talented at fitting odd shapes together. How true...how true.
So here are some shots from last night...
The sparks from the grinder are so beautiful:

My hands after the job was finished---I LOVE getting dirty...is that wrong?

Proof: that I actually did some work. Here I am shaping the metal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your hands look like the no eyes hand eyes guy from pans labrynth.

Amy Osborne said...

dude, do you have ANY idea how many scholarships there are for people who want to go into welding? let's just say they drastically outnumber the number available to medical students. who knew?
i'm SO glad to see you blogging again. i was so bored online that i had to resort to www.people.com (yes, people magazine that is).

alright, time to go to lab to cut up dead people. i got to skin a human foot yesterday- how random is my life? seriously.

love you, Ames