Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Self portraits...

Here's a few self ports I've taken over the last few weeks.
The whole reason i started the self-port. trend was as a type of journal entry. Sometimes words aren't enough--and in those cases, a picture can usually do the talking. The self-ports. have morphed a bit, but ultimately they come back to feelings, ideas, etc that I'm working on at the time.
The first one was inspired by the Misty Edwards song I Am Yours where she talks about our hearts yearning for the Lord even as we sleep.
The second is just...me. I have some cool lighting equipment so I've been playing around with it--just learning by experience.
The third was taken just last weekend at a little girl's birthday party. We were asked to dress up like princesses...so I did. As an Indian princess (or something)...but APPARENTLY that dress-up call wasn't for the adults. Ah well..I looked pretty.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE that first one! how did you do that?! you should make copies and sell it. seriously.

Beth B said...

I love the first one too!! How did you do it? I love and miss you.

Linden said...

Wow your pictures are great!
And yes I would love you to come visit! We would have an amazing time!
You want to copy my tattoo? Dude I would be flattered. IS that what you meant?