Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I don't have time to eat well but I have time to blog.

Yikes! It's almost been two weeks since I posted last! Remember the days when I posted daily? Almost too often? Those days are gone, my friends, for now.

Today I have a hilarious audio clip for you courtesy of my brother in law, Chris Jones via his blog buddie Kevin. Yup, not Chris. Just Chris Jones. Check this out--if you don't choke, cry or suffocate laughing I will likely do nothing except be very disappointed (and isn't that the worst? Disappointing someone?)

What do I have to say today...hmmm let's see...I feel like there was something really important (aside from the links above...)
Well, here's a funny picture I took at my sister's last night of me, Catherine, Jenn, my niece Anna and nephew Caleb. This is our horrified face. Classic really.

On that note, Chris and Catherine are moving to Niagara on the Lake, also known as NOTL, or Nottle. This is a sad thing. However last night Catherine told me they're not changing churches! Which means I'll still see them all at least once a week. I mean, come on! How could you stay away from a face like this:


Last weekend I was at a family reunion and this was a highlight:


I was dreading the reunion but it went well as only half the family showed up allowing the rest of us to actually talk and laugh with those there. It was nice.

Well I suppose I should stop rambling and actually get some work done. There is no lack of it.
In parting, here is a verse I read in the Message (2 Sam 21) this AM that sums me up...at least sums up what I want:

God made my life complete
when I placed all the pieces before him.
When I cleaned up my act,
he gave me a fresh start.
Indeed, I've kept alert to God's ways;
I haven't taken God for granted.
Every day I review the ways he works,
I try not to miss a trick.
I feel put back together,
and I'm watching my step.
God rewrote the text of my life
when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.

3 comments:

Claire said...

someone post a damn comment. I know for a fact that a couple of you heard that audio clip and almost died laughing. Rb--you know what I'm talking about.

Annie said...

I would just like to say that the picture of Catherine is probably the best thing I've seen in 8 years.

Anonymous said...

alright, alRIIIGHT!!!

it was good! it was REALLY good, okay?! i didn't almost DIE laughing, but i definitely almost choked...

i especially liked all the D's. D-D-D-D-D-D-D... like that. oh yeah, and "jealouse" was pretty good, too.

you know i don't like doing things when somebody asks me to. i'd rather clear the table out of the goodness of my heart rather than have dad tell me to. at that point the goodness somehow leaves my heart. much like you forcing me to post a "damn comment". i'm NOT enjoying this!!!

hahaha... totally kidding.

TELL me about it.