Monday, December 10, 2007

The internet is "public"?

This post goes out to Ken who's claimed he's only read one of my posts. But he's a dirty liar...or a gentleman and he was trying to be diplomatic when he lied.

I'm having to make clarifications too often. This isn't good. Perhaps I should just keep my mouth shut. That might be preferable. Perhaps if I refrain from publishing my thoughts online then I could save myself a lot of trouble and discomfort.

But I've come this far. So what the hell, eh?

Let's see--a little bit of drama this week.
I sent in my NARM application documents to APPLY to write my midwifery certification exam in the US in February. They extended the dead-line because I was having trouble getting some papers. I never thought the day would come then I would use the excuse 'there are typhoons in the Philippines and it's hard to travel between islands' to give myself more time to put together my APPLICATION to write an 8-hour exam.
They received my docs but things are missing, of course. Nothing in life is easy.

Today I finally caved and got winter tires. I really do notice a difference and am already a lot more confident driving. However, in my brain new winter tires translates into 'anything under me that touches the ground is now very grippy'. This isn't true. Yet I now walk and run down the icy streets with abandon thinking, it's ok! I have new winter-tires.

Um what else...I've had two photo gigs this week--which is a nice treat. And what I mean by that is it's immensely stressful. But people are starting to recognize my work here and there and I'm getting more and more requests. It's nice...and immensely stressful.
Here's a shot from this week:

Children are cute but rarely smile on command. It's annoying. Not the children---the way it makes me look as a photographer. Un-pro-fesh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, those kids are cute. Their parents must be gorgeous!! Humm!! Thanks again Claire!

Claire said...

Yeah...they ARE pretty cute.
But their parents...well I'm pretty sure the mother had an affair.
Oh! Ouch.