Saturday, July 21, 2007

Headin' Home Baby

Well, I leave Emmanuel International Malawi in about an hour. And I can't say I'm not very excited.
I would be quite sad to leave if I wasn't going to be seeing most of these people again soon--but since most of them live in Uxbridge then I simple 'See ya' will do when I leave today.

I'm not big on good-byes. Some of you may have noticed that. (!)

Anyway--some of you know (oh, did I already blog about this?) that I have a 24hr layover in Johannesburg, and I have just heard one too many horror stories about that place that I was seriously considering NOT leaving the airport.

Well, by the grace of God, not only do I have people (that I don't know, but know through friends) picking me up tonight in J-burg but I also have a date! I use the word 'date' loosely.

Anyway--I had a shower, picked out my clothes and shaved my legs, sooooo if it looks like a date and smells like a date, then I suppose it is.
So, we'll see how things go. I've done long-distance and was not a fan, I can't see how dating someone in South Africa is a good idea.

RB just drove my car back from her parents' place to our place--and it's gotten me quite excited. I just don't know what I'm going to do with my joy when I can actually be in a car with a stereo...and seat belts!
I might just have to drive along going 'EEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!'

Alright, that's it, I'm going to eat some breakfast before I have to head to the airport.
See you all on the flip-side! (Was that gay of me to say that?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Claire,

Safe trip home, hon. No more exciting adventures, OK? Unless it is about your 'date'!
Love you,
Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PS I just got back from my Spa afternoon; I have another app't in 2 weeks before MY trip home..see ya!

Annie said...

WOW! you must either be back or ALMOST be back! this is extremely exciting.