Wednesday, July 25, 2007

No jetlag, but recovering from dancing...

Well, I'm home. At my parents' home to be more specific (minus my mother who's still in the Philippines, sweatin' it out).

The 36+ hours I spent on PLANES alone, NOT INCLUDING time in airports, was exhastuing, but I managed to carry all my stuff out on my back (weird...backpack ON my back) and was met by Catherine and my Dad.

I'm not feeling jet-lagged in the least, and I'm already unpacked and in Port Perry ready to visit some people, do laundry and suntan because I'm ashamed of my white skin after being in Africa and the Philippines, for Pete's sake.

Oh, and my time in Jo-burg was....very very fun. We went dancing. Old-school dancing to modern dance music. It was hilarious and so much fun. There's something strangely attractive about a man who can dance well and spin a girl. Spinning is fun, but I hurt my neck. Because I'm a senior citizen.

So, if anyone reading this is in Port and wants to hang out then call me at my parents' place. I'll be here for another day and then I'm going up to my brother's cottage. Oh, and I'll be in Uxbridge today--so...be in touch!

Lastly, everyone should know how amazing my Mum is. She's been toughing it out in a birthing clinic for a month in extreme heat and stress. And, (she's going to kill me) she's in her 60s. She's pretty cool.
She only has less than 2 weeks left of her time there---but if you think of it pray for her that her last days there are good ones.

2 comments:

ruthi said...

ah, i wish i was in uxbridge right this very second. so i could hang out with you. but. alas. at least waterloo is close-ish to hamilton. please let me know when you're back in hamilton and we can go out for breakfast, okay?!

your mom's amazing. you're amazing. i'm glad you're home safe and sound and i'll be praying for your momma!
have fun at the cottage!!

Annie said...

So, you'd better believe I'm a-gonna grill you about this boy the moment I see you.... the MOMENT I see you.