Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Abuse...

Today's been a total bust.
After last night's high I came crashing down. Why is life like that?
I woke this morning, rather suddenly, to the sound of my neighbour screaming at her 5 or 6 year old son. This is such a normal occurance that I don't even need to set my alarm in the mornings because her screaming is so precise and piercing.
The sad thing is it's not just yelling at him, it's physical abuse too. Bek and I can hear it, and there's nothing we can do. We're so close, but completely helpless to stopping it at the time.
After the fact, well, there's Children's Aid. Period.
Next, I head out to do a couple things, check the mail, and what do you know! There's a letter from Ben there. Not so much a letter, as a picture I'd asked him to send back to me. And he did so. No return address. No note inside. No 'Clairice' in the address....just Claire Death.
Fair enough. But it still hurt. And worst of all, the package he sent from Florida with all my stuff arrived today, but the mailman didn't knock or anything. Just left a notice that I could pick it up tomorrow after 3pm! Tomorrow?!?!? Now life's going to suck until at least 4pm tomorrow. At least I can time the suckiness.
Now, to finish off I'm feeling ill. And have been since I took antibiotics for my root canal. Ill all over.
BA!
God is good.
THERE. I said it. And I will see the glory of God in the land of the living. FYI.
Sorry, no graphics. Too...ferclempt.

2 comments:

ruthi said...

i wrote on my blog today claire, in some ways, because of you i think... feeling helpless sucks... and waiting sucks... and sickness and toothaches suck...

i miss you

(i hate that i am connected only through 'comments' and yet i love that i am connected... i feel that all of my relationships are love/hate ones...)

Anonymous said...

Oh Claire that sucks..sad sad.