Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Pictures?

Yes.
It's hot and I'm tired. Time for some self-portraits:

My first assignment: taking pictures. For what, you ask? For Mavis' trip to see the Queen. Pardon, you say? Yes, the Queen of England. Elizabeth. So, you say, your pictures will be shown to the Queen of England? Yes. Yes they will. And it's about now (AFTER I took all the picture and THEN learned WHO they were for) that I'm really regreting the use of my flash. It's shameful really.
Anyway, here's Mavis and some nursing students and some patients before clinic this AM. The church next door has a little worship time and then bible study. It's quite the production. Here is everyone doing the actions to one of the songs.

Bebe. The one I assisted with when I arrive on Monday. Look at his little turtle neck. What a cutie. He was really enjoying his bath too. No really--sometimes they hate baths, but he stopped crying immediately.

Yes. Pictures.
I've done my job well and even beyond what Mavis had hoped when I told her I could download the pictures onto her computer, edit them and then burn them to a disc....to show the Queen. Gold star for me. No, just the right to play around on here now. Ha!
Today I get to make the journey to MegaMall, the 2nd or 3rd biggest mall in the world. Some of you may remember the countless hours spent at Mega when I lived in Manila. It will be like going home. Oh man, I'm going to get a Sbarro pizza slice and a garden salad....oh I'm salivating. Then I have some things to do THEN I'm getting a mango smoothy from Seattle's Best. Oh my gosh.
Alright then...that's it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Claire...it's Alison Witt. I have been following your posts on your trip to Manila. Hearing of your venture out to Mega Mall and craving that slice of Sbarro's pizza brought back so many memories for me. Good memories.I spent many hours enjoying the air-con and "american" food and shopping at SM. Enjoy.God is at work in you and through you.

Annie said...

Wow. Photographer for the Queen. Sort of. Impressive!!

Anonymous said...

I want to go to Mega Mall! Take me with you to this mythical place you speak of!