Monday, May 28, 2007

Stealing blog material

Hey hey! So props, yes props, go out to Dr. Jessica (said with an instant chinese accent) and her new blog! Check it out--it's under Linky Links.

Also, and I haven't yet added this to Linky Links, but my friend (and fiance) Valerie has a blog! Who knew?! I stole this idea from her who stole it from her sister who I think stole it from Annie.

I randomly went through my iPod--selection is surely limited as I deleted a bunch of songs off there before I left AND replaced those songs with worship ones (because I figured I'd be pretty desperate...)
So here it is---the soundtrack to my life movie, which, by the way would be titled

LIFE AS DEATH:
My Soundtrack---
Opening Credits> Getting Better--The Beatles (friggin yeah)
Waking Up> Thugs--The Tragically Hip (everyone's got their breaking point...)
First Day of School> Hard Time Killing Floor Blues-- Chris Thomas King (ha!)
Falling in Love> Straighten Up & Fly Right--Nat King Cole (laaaaaame)
Fight Song> Hold On--Sarah McLachlan
Breaking Up> Minus--Beck (Chorus: Radiation/ Feeling the force/ Karaoke/ Vomiting morons)
Prom> Go--Innocence Mission (which is funny--bc I didn't GO to my prom..)
Life> God Bless the Child--Billie Holiday
Mental Breakdown> Hung Up On the Way I'm Feeling--The Redwalls (hahah!)
Driving> La Grange--ZZ Top
Flashback> Road--Nick Drake
Getting Back Together> O Death--Ralph Stanley (uh....that's not good or is it a pun?)
Wedding> Give Me One Reason-Tracy Chapman (What the heck!!)
Birth of Child> Stg. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band--The Beatles
Final Battle> Let It Be--The Beatles
Death Scene> Everybody Hurts--REM (this movie ROCKS!)
Funeral Song> From Now On--Supertramp
End Credits> Low--Coldplay (chorus: All you ever wanted was love/ But you never looked hard enough/ It's never gonna give itself up)

Wow, what a friggin depressing movie that would be, eh? It's a little creepy acutally. Any prophets out there want to play around with this? Frig.

9 comments:

Annie said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhh your life movie IS depressing..... although, there is a lot of Beatles on there and THEY aren't too depressing. But it is pretty freaky when some match up appropriately. I don't know it, but it seems as though the Billie Holiday song matches up nicely as a "Life" theme.

Anonymous said...

wait, so you're saying that this list of songs randomly played in this order, and you're putting it together as a blow by blow life story? that's AWESOME! i don't find it depressing as much as hilarious. especially "give me one reason". ha! if i'm understanding the whole scenario correctly, that would be the BEST GAME to play with people! sort of like the terry/hans during a mix cd game! don't you think?!!?!??

the very last song i listened to today was thugs, actually. woo! love it.

hung the whole show today... yes, two weeks in advance. but it's done. phew! now i can communicate with people again, and open mail, and buy groceries, and maybe even watch a movie or read!

i'll e-mail you soon... probably tomorrow, 'cause right now i am sooo tiger it's ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha...

i just heard the weekly crash of gill and ryan's garbage being hurled off their balcony.

we miss you!

Annie said...

HAHA... G and R throw their garbage 3 floors down every week? I am both appalled and impressed.

PS - The Tracy Chapman wedding song thing is gold... gold, I tell you... Claire, you're walking down the aisle to 'Give Me One Reason' in real life. If I have anything to do with it.

Claire said...

Alright--maybe it IS pretty funny. But it's scary too---frig, what a legasy...
Yeah RuBy, it's a sweet game. I figured you'd like it.
I can't wait to get an EMAIL from you--you've been So busy lately. Looking forward to hearing allll about it.
Aw, I sure don't miss doing garbage, but I do miss it there. Everyonce in a while lately I find myself thinking, Oh I should run down to Ottawa St, or Maybe I'll go to the Bayfront tonight. No joke. I'm crazy. Surrrrrrre crazy.

Claire said...

ahahahah a legasy. A gassy leg. I HATE it when I get gassy leg.

Anonymous said...

you can be damn sure it's not "G" hurling the garbage off of our balcony. i think "R" gets a sort of sick enjoyment from it. he goes out, looks around, "hurls" the said garbage, ducks, waits for oh, 20 seconds, and then creeps back into the bedroom with a look of satisfaction, and then upon seeing me, shame.
yup, eeeeevery Monday night, folks.

Annie said...

Hahah. G, I can definitely imagine R doing that.

Annie said...

PS - Claire I love the reference to your "fiance"

HAHAHAHA