Friday, May 25, 2007

Teehee...don't tell Mavis I have a blog...

This is such a hot picture of me I just had to add it---but it's the only one I have of Mavis and I:

Here are a couple of my favourite little snippets from my time with Mavis:

(said in a sing-song voice after I asked Mavis how she'd like me to take notes on suturing)
"Second degree teeeeeeeeeear sutured with 2 caaaaaatguuuuuuuuuuut to vaginal waaaaaaaaaalllll and four catguuuuutt to perineummmm."
Oh. Thanks Mavis. I'll be sure to remember that.

She was in the habit of talking to me while not actually facing me or even being in the same room.
"Claire? Oh there you are. (I'd been there for 4 hours) I was looking for the photo album of deformities (yes, we have an album of deformities--it's a real conversation piece) and I found this old photo. I have been looking for this everywhere, and you know, it's always in the last place you look...(wanders into the other room)....and I searched high and (door slams shut) low and.......(muffled talking...)
..............20 minutes later..............
"...and can you believe it! There is was. Right beside the address book I was looking for last year..."

Et cetera, et cetera.

Have I mentioned she's 74?

No comments: