Friday, May 25, 2007

You asked for it--I will deliver.

A lot of you (RuBy) have been asking for a little more insight into life around here...well, right NOW I'm going to go harass the poor midwives and then I'll post those pictures. ....
Tapos ng! (I'm finished!)
Here is Diana, our new probational midwife: she has an AWEFUL toothache/impeksyon(infection) at the moment. Poor thing. She still comes to work though because she's on probation. Here she is typing up birth certificates for our pasyentas (patients). She's tried showing me how to do this but I kept making typos like 'Lesjane' instead of 'Leajane' or not taking it off caps and putting @))& instead of 2007.

And here is Maricel organizing said birth certificates (said with Filipino accent: birt cerbtifikits). She's only 23 and she's a prostar midwife. She's pretty cute too.

And here is our current and only patients...um, not sure of their names, but their last name is Nellis, or something. This is their first baby and it's a girl! They're actually excited about it.

And outside, let's see, it's raining! Thank GOD.

And here are the dogs that hang around the clinic. They are Loopy I and Loopy II respectively. Mavis (aka Mabis; said with Filipino accent) named them thus because she thinks they're loopy for lying on our cool cement garage floor when it's hot out. ...I'm not sure she's the one who should be calling anyone Loopy I or II.

No comments: