Saturday, May 26, 2007

Some dry humour.

Yeah I know I've been posting a lot--but there's good stuff here!
This...this might be a little...je ne c'est pas. Take with a grain of salt. It's my social commentary on the Philippines and how WACKED they are sometimes.
I know you can't read all of it so I've provided captions below:

L to R
1. (My parents live in a shack...look how far I've come...) thinking to himself
2. Whoa! Is that my cousin begging for food over there?
3. (I can't believe I spent a quarter of my annual income on the phone...) thinking to herself
4. (I'm in this ad because I look white.) thinking to herself
5. Hey! We're one of the poorest countries in the world!
6. I'm not anorexic, silly, teehee, I'm just malnourished, teehee...
7. (If I let go of this wiper blade, I'll collapse...) thinking to herself
.....................................................
Anyway--I just think it's bizarre how A LOT of Filipinos live in really horrible conditions, yet own pretty nice motorcycles (albeit crotch-rockets). Or how they can't always eat well, but they always have load on their phone for text messaging.
I guess it's the same in any culture--we prize strange things like cell phones or our cars and neglect seemingly important, ney, fundamental things, like eating well and family.

3 comments:

Annie said...

Wow, that's ... sad ... and depressing! Very, VERY dry humour. But I suppose it must be true. Sad.

Anonymous said...

I believe it's the French influence, damn Sartre. Perhaps if you identified yourself as Punkaroo - the correct naming - you wouldn't be so nihilistic. The Ozzy take on life is quite refreshing.

Claire said...

Touche, mate.