Saturday, June 09, 2007

A day in the life...

In line with Annie's blog about shopping--I did a little photo shoot myself.

Here I am in my new red clown-shirt and red Paten-pleather wedged sling backs. Nice.
Then yesterday, Vic, my teacher from Mercy In Action, took me on whirl-wind tour of Metro-Manila to help me get the rest of my 'numbers'. We helped run one out-reach clinic with the Vineyard church of Manila in a jeepney-driver's community. Then as we were winding down it started to pour. Excellent timing.
Then Vic and I headed to another clinic in Cabao, did a little work there, THEN to another clinic in Quezon City and did a little more work there. By the end of the day this was my tank top:

Yes, look a little closer---those white lines are deposits of salt...from my own body via my sweat.

Yeah-huh. I was particularly impressed with WHERE the lines were located. Classy.
But yesterday was cool because I was so terrified for some reason. I hadn't done an outreach in a long time, and I hadn't seen Vic in a long time and sometimes...she's a little intimidating. So I madly prayed about it as I drifted in and out of sleep the night before and throughout the night. Weird.
Anyway--it went really well. Besides being exhausted--it was a great day. A lot was accomplished, learned and experienced.
On another note, my Mum is coming in TWO WEEKS! That's SO soon. Especially since I have SO much to do in that time.
Wow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice new duds, claire. yes i actually thot and then wrote duds...wow.
you look so pretty in red!
glad it went well with vic and the whole outreach thing!
miss you

Annie said...

Whoa, you look skinnnnnnnny.

I love your red shoes.... and the shirt.... and, oh, let's just face it, you are a HOTTIE.....

I am so in awe of everything you're doing over there; you are such a brave person. It takes GUTS to do what you're doing and I must say again that I am impressed. Keep it up.... you are loved and missed!

Claire said...

Did you think 'thot' too?
Thanks guys! You can't tell but there are two huge red button on the front. Hence clown-like.
Anywho! Thanks...I usually feel soooooooo unattractive and not brave. So thanks!

Beth B said...

I love the shirt you should sell it on Ebay you could start something, a new fashion statement! I am so proud and jealous of you!=)

Anonymous said...

yes, I thot thot - i like to bug u with short forms!!

Claire said...

Ur doing a 1st rate job, there Cathy. Ohhhhhhh shortforms....I miss you.