Saturday, June 23, 2007

Little glories:

Today I realized something cool about God and His "Glory" fanaticism. It changed my whole perspective on MY role in this life.
I realized that God wants to show his glory to us. Wha? That's what I realized? Yeah. It's too simple.
I believe His primary goal in regards to Glory-showing is that He wants me (and you) to see and be in awe of His glory. Individually. His Glory is for me to be amazed over. He loves me so much and I am so important to Him that he is content with just me realizing how Glorious He is.
I'm repeating the same thing over and over again just so you'll all understand.

Because it was a kind of overwhelming thing--to be his display of Glory to all of mankind! And yeah, just like love, His glory IS shown to all men through an outpouring of glory in our own hearts and lives. Make sense? But it first has to start individually. Otherwise we're just hypocrites.

So anyway-I've started cherishing moments when God has been Glorious just for me. I feel like few things give him greater pleasure than that.

Anyway! On another note--My mother arrived safely and happily yesterday morning. She's been sleeping for, ohhhhhh, almost 16 hours. I think she's ok....
Will post pictures...

3 comments:

Annie said...

that's a pretty cool thought. it actually gives me hope for my own life - that god won't let me down or allow me to succumb to misery, because he really wants me to experience his glory. and glory is, well, POSITIVE. yeah. cool.

Annie said...

how am i the only one who commented on this post? weeirrded ooouuuuuut.

Claire said...

Yeah, that's lame. Thanks for posting Annie. I'm glad I it spoke to you. Psh. Clearly everyone else is spiritually satisfied and complete.