Thursday, June 21, 2007

Love poem in Taglish.

If you haven't been here in a while--read the last couple posts. They're funny if I DO say so meself.

So I have an admirer--well, he's become more than an admirer. He's a lovah.
His name is...no let's keep this anonymous because although I may not like him as a boyfriend I still respect him. He's an architect. He lives at home. (Hey! I'm still respectin'! Living at home is a desirable thing here.)

Here is the poem he sent me the night before he introduced me to his GIRLFRIEND:

FrNdsHip is 1 of d hArdst tiNgs 2 kip,
coz sOmewEr in d miDdle nEw friEnds mAy cOmE,
bt i hOpE u'L stiL kEep mE in ur hEart
evEn if tHerE wUd B sOmEoNe New.


Then, just now I received another text:

LUV: Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale...it started when I met YOU.

Something's always happening in the middle!!!!!!!

He gets an A+++ for effort.
Now if only guys pursued girls like that more often.

And here's a kinda emo picture of myself--I took it in reply to a friends' bands' request for girls in striped tops. I'm a sellout. I know. No need to tell me. But nevertheless I liked this crazy shot. I look like one of those Bratz dolls---with the huge head and big eyes. Actually, don't look at it too long--it starts to get creepy.

10 comments:

ruthi said...

this is completely unrelated to your last post -- but i just want to say... i am continually amazed... by you... by your life-as-an-open-blog... by the craziness of midwifery... by your ability to make the ordinary fascinating... by your adaptability to new situations... and by your ability to convey those situations to us who will never experience them....

i wish i were going to malawi with you...

i love you lots!! thanks for all your posts....

(i'm currently in class, paying absolutely no attention... but learning lots from you)

Beth B said...

This is a creepy pic of you.So you like him just as a friend and he has a girlfriend already?

Anonymous said...

i feel like i painted that picture, eh? am i asking, or telling?

love it.

i still don't even know what emo is. i mean, i SORT of do. how did i miss something like that? am i too old?

we knew a guy in bulgaria named emo... he was the BEST! he wrote stuff VERY similar to what your guy wrote... to gill. he's the "blue, like your eyes" guy.

and the "tiger" guy. amazing guitarist... taught dan "more than words" and that started dan on his guitar journey. hey, nastravia to emo! woo!

miss you, clairice.

Anonymous said...

That is such a great picture!!! So fun!
I am kinda confused about that guy. He writes you poems but has a girlfriend??? why did you call him a lovah?? Just keepin' it real by asking stupid questions...and maybe there's someone out there wondering the same things!

Annie said...

cate - i am wondering the same things.

and claire - YOU HOTTIE. you look dee-VINE. when you gonna lend me sugah, baby?

Annie said...

PS - you look skinny. skinny as a rail. which isn't specifically what made me say you look hot by the way, but i just thought i would comment.

Anonymous said...

well now that there are two of us wondering, when will claire answer us and end our confusion??!!

Claire said...

Oh, those aren't rhetorical questions? That wasn't rhetoric? Ah. Rhetoric. He cracks me up!
Anyway--yeah, he has a girlfriend but he didn't know that I knew about her since day 1. Poor shmuck.
Yeah I called him a lovah just to keep it real, yo.
Lend me some shugah baby! I am yo neighbour! Uh uh shake it shake it, shake, shake it....

Claire said...

ps I look so skinny because of the angle of the picture---you photographers. IF ONLY my head was that much bigger than my thighs!
I'm starting to think it's just the jeans fitting big, because my biggest critic showed up yesterday and barely agreed with me that I had lost weight. So, I'm erring on the side of the jean size is a fluke.

Annie said...

i want to be upset and rant because of that last thing you said about your biggest critic but i don't dare.

anyway, i completely disagree.