Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ohhh man.

I was shocked that some of you actually liked my sermons and rants! That's nice to know. Thanks.
I might go back to that, but I'm just trying to value my personal experiences with God--less sensationalism. And I was finding myself in a special moment with God thinking how I was going to retell this experience on bugger.com
That's the equivalent of couples video-taping their intimate moments to broadcast online...as far as I'm concerned.
Oh so, about my title--for some reason my blog switched to Tagalog, the language of the Philippines, so I tried to switch it back but now somehow I'm stuck using something that looks like Dutch. So when I'm finished this post I will click on 'Yaziyi Yayinla' or I could just press 'simdi kaydet' and save it for another day.
Frig. Good thing I've practically memorized blogger.
So, here's the picture of the day; the picture du jour, you could say. Oh! That's sounds lovely, I'll have that.

It's from the food vendor across the street. This vendor is responsible for my two attacks of 'LBM' (aka diarrhea). One attack being last night. Yet I go back for more of her delicious ulams (entrees).
Anyway--this is one of their cats. As if it weren't hot enough the cat thought he'd lay on the cooling ash of the fire.
I have video of this place--it's...an experience.

Oh, I also have a music video I've been working on for about a week.
What?
Yes, I'm working on a music video. I'm hoping to complete it this week, and move on to another one while I'm in Malawi.
Any requests?
This is a music video I found on youtube.com. I really insist you watch the whole thing. It just gets better and better. And it's a little catchy--hey! hey! hey!
(DOUBLE-CLICK!)
I'll admit, mine won't be as good as this one, but there are definitely some similarities. Mainly the bad lip-snycing and the shots of the shoes. Sorry, my video won't have a gay man dancing in it.

So I'm leaving Manila soon--10 days! I'm...gonna be honest and say I'm excited to move on. But I will miss the people here.
When I was in Manila last time there were so many of my classmates that we could stay in our own little white-girl world. But this time I was alone and the only people I had to talk to her Filipinos! It's been an amazing opportunity to learn the language better, the customs and get to know the people better. I've enjoyed my time.
Ah, listen to me! It's not over yet. I have that habit of mentally leaving or arriving in a place before I physically leave or arrive.

Alright, would you rather:
Have LBM (loose-bowel movements) from eating contaminated chicken curry (Rb? Gill? You want?) every afternoon for a month?
OR
Have to navigate your way around the computer in Dutch for half a year while a gay man dances behind you? Yup, he's dancing behind you for 6 months.

5 comments:

Gillian said...

Okay, so I would rather the LBM- of course! What did you think I would choose?? Maybe I would lose some weight, and feel a bit better about myself....esp. if they were every AFTERNOON- then I could plan around them!
I don't remember most of that music video because halfway through I was hypnotized by the colourful moving checkerboard....
Love you!

Beth B said...

I would have to take the gay dancing man because LMB is not fun at all.

Annie said...

LBM. For sure.

Claire said...

Oh come on guys--don't you think that video was hilarious? Gay guy--any day.

Anonymous said...

You don't really think that guy wasn't gay...do you?