Friday, June 29, 2007

My last friday...

Thank the maker! Whew. Today was a nightmare. Rough clinic day.
And I HATE the last couple days before taking off--so crazy and hectic and things to do!
But I have good news--I didn't talk about this earlier because I wanted to wait and see what would happen: in order to graduate I had to have 3 continuities of care, ie. 3 patients I follow through their pregnancy, labour, delivery, and post-partum period. Sounds like a tall order to complete in 7 weeks, right?
My preceptor, Vicki, referred to it as a 'miracle'.
But I have in fact completed all 3 continuities of care--plus a fourth, just for shits and giggles. (Who came up with that? It's so rude.)

Here's the third continuity of care with my Mum yesterday. He was a cutie--but so much like an alien. I called him ET.
GAH! I'm just sitting here waiting for the picture to load and I can't sit STILL because there's too much to do and I'm leaving in 2 DAYS!
So, gotta run. I don't know if I'll post again before I go. But be assured I will again once I get to Malawi.
Hey friends--why didn't you all tell me I was crazy to do a back-to-back missions trip? This would have been an appropriate opportunity to intervene and say something. Sheesh. Thanks a lot.

5 comments:

Miranda said...

Hey your Mums a babe! No surprise then that she has 2 beautiful daughters. awww. I've enjoyed keeping up with your jouney, Clair. Had some good laughs, you have a gift for writing. What can't the girl do?!! On a side note-I have some stuff you may want. we're moving in 2 weeks and I have a wood based 'display' bust manequin. how the heck do you spell that. anyway, if you want it I can get in to bek. also 2 stone planter urns (church?) let me know if you want them. love ya!

Annie said...

*you're welcome.


*yes, I'm a smartass

Anonymous said...

first of all, tell your mom she looks awesome in that picture.

second, i already have the manequin from miranda, and you'll LOVE it!

third, hmm. well, you were so excited! go and have a great time. in your words... BAH!

and fourth, of course, CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU DID IT!!! WOO!

Anonymous said...

Oh my dear Claire..how I miss you. I LOVE reading your blog, it's fantastic! I hope you have a fabulous time in Malawi..you go girl! way to use your gifts...that's awesome!
kristel

Anonymous said...

woman, you are pure comedy.

love you, Ames