Thursday, June 07, 2007

Up and running!

Hey everyone--
We seem to be online again--who knows for how long. So here's a quick summary of the last week! Yes! It's been a week!
-Last clinic day: 96 prenatals, 16 baby check-ups, 2 deliveries and one hospital transport for a preterm baby all by 2pm. Yup.
-Spent the monthly salary of a middle-income family in Greenhills market today. Sadly, I'm a little proud of myself for such 'thrifty' spending.
-Was in ANOTHER car accident involving a taxi. Headaches everyday since. Hello, Chiropractor? Yes, I need a new spine. Thanks.
-Has NOT rained in three days. GAH!
-Wore my jeans for the first time since my flight here. Seems like I've lost weight! I looked like a dork with my jeans all puckered and baggy, but MAN, it felt good. Also, I've apparently adjusted well to the heat since I even ENTERTAINED the idea of jeans.
-Number of proposals: 4.
-Number of 'penpal' requests: 3.
-Number of times I've lied about being married: 12.

As you can see I've been feeling a little more adventurous these days so I'm taking more pictures etc despite the staring, laughter, and general 'hub-bub' whenever I make an appearance.

This time off from the computer HAS been very nice actually. I've been reading tons and just being a better steward of my time (not money though...uh...working on it?). Oh, minus the 100+ games of freecell I've played in the last week. I seriously should join a league or something. I'm so good at that game.
ANYWAY! I will write more about what I've been reading (aka SUBJECTING myself to)tomorrow. For now I will tell you it's the Irresistible Revolution by Shane Claiborne and it's good. I know a lot of you are familiar with it--so...have patience as I praise this book for a while.

Oh! And many thanks go out to those who responded and made comments about my latest rant on 'one vs. many'. I SINCERELY appreciate your input and in fact, desire it. So keep it coming as I continue to shock, awe and offend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to be able to read your blog again- missed it! I really like those 2 pics you took - especially the clothesline one. Uh, the other one was kinda crooked - ha! Just joking! Very cool!
Speaking of chiro's, I'm off to see mine this afternoon - hurt my knee running - damn running, who needs it! Ya, i've been going to my fitness class for 7 weeks and still feel outta shape! Maybe I should be doing my homework, ie running at least 5 times a week. That might have been a good thing to do, eh?
Well, love ya, gotta go!

Anonymous said...

hey buddy. Obviously you cause a stir when you're out and about! I love reading your blog and staying up to date on your adventures!!
kristel

Annie said...

I'm confused about why you commented on my old post in which I am modeling the clothes I bought, can you not see all the posts I've put on my blog since that one? Because seriously, I've posted so many times! I am confused.

Anyway, I'M GLAD YOU'RE ONLINE AGAIN. I missed reading your updates!

Beth B said...

Are you in Tubuk? I miss you and cannot wait to hear your next adventure.

Anonymous said...

clairice, you are HILARIOUS. i must praise you again for your excellent writing skills that make me laugh out loud. can you tutor my future husband in that?

Anonymous said...

I must agree with ol' Rubes- you, my pet, are HILAIRE.
The chiropractor part was particularly tasty. And by tasty, you must know that I mean HILAIRE.
While Cate is wasting her time exercising, YOU know that the best way to lose weight is by subjecting yourself to extreme heat and humidity. Works every time! (where IS my humidifier? I have an idea involving a hot shower, the humidifier, and not coming out of the bathroom until I've sweated off 10 pounds.) Wait, isn't that a SAUNA??
Oh, Claire, thank you for the email a little while ago- we love you sooooo much! We were so encouraged. Great timing, too, if ya know what I mean...
Adios, HILAIRE Claire.
Ah ah ah ah (like the Count, not like whatever else you thought that said.)